Search This Blog

Monday, March 23, 2015

Personal Reflections on EDU 441

            I found that this class was very useful in helping me become a better researcher. My favorite assignment was the lesson plan on homeschooling. Creating lesson plans are going to be an essential part of my teaching career, so it was helpful to see what areas I needed to improve. I now know I need to learn how to properly list my objectives.

            I did learn a lot about research from this class. One thing I did not know, prior to this class, is what tertiary sources are and how they are used. I usually use secondary sources, preferring peer-reviewed scholarly sources, and I have used primary sources in the past. But, tertiary sources were completely unknown to me.


     I really enjoyed the discussion questions. They made me think a great deal more than most. Journal writings are the hardest for me, because I prefer to present factual information over opinion. I definitely need to work on my time management. For some reason, Mondays and Thursdays were my busiest days outside of school. This really was a hindrance to my time management.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment